WELCOME TO MY DAILY LIFE......

sometimes uneventful and other times unbelievable!

Sunday, June 26, 2011

While taking my nightly walk last night I started thinking about all the houses and the people that live in them in my neighborhood.  It use to be that you knew your next door neighbors, the people who lived across the street and the people who lived down the street and up the street.  You would even know the people that lived two streets over.  But in this day and time we do good if we know our next door neighbors.

I was walking several streets over from my street and I started thinking.  Who are these people?  What are their names?  Do they need neighborly support?  It's sad that we have all become so hermit like.  We go to work, go to the store, go to school, and live next to people that we do not even know their names.  It's sad that so many neighborhoods have been come so stand offish.  In addition to not be so friendly I think it's a lack of security as well.  Not that your neighbors need to be all up in your business and you in theirs but we do need to be aware of what is going on in our neighborhoods. 

Make it a goal to meet someone in your neighborhood that you don't know! It's so much easier to be friendly than not! Here's to a more friendly neighborhood!

2 comments:

Kim2011 said...

I went to the same shower. I loved the time also. It gets me going!

Melanie said...

Your cupcakes are a great way to break the ice with some neighbors. Knock on the door and say "I"m trying some new recipes and have too many cupcakes......"